- What is the Finish For Your Future Scholarship?
- What are the eligibility requirements?
The Finish For Your Future scholarship is a new scholarship funded through the RichmondCC Foundation Working Student Scholarship Program. This new scholarship is available to all students who obtain their Adult High School Diploma or High School Equivalency through the College and Career Readiness Program. (Applies to attendance at Richmond Community College.
- Enroll in and complete 12 contact hours through the College and Career Readiness Program.
- Obtain High School Equivalency or Adult High School diploma through College and Career Readiness Program at RichmondCC.
- Complete FFYF scholarship application & federal financial aid application (if pursuing a curriculum program).
- Must enroll in a program leading to a credential (Tier 1 or Tier 2 in WED or a curriculum program).
- Must maintain good academic standing with RichmondCC to continue to be eligible.
Once you complete your AHS or HSE diploma, you will want to talk with a counselor in Student Services concerning your future plans. The counselor or a financial aid staff member will provide details concerning the Finish For Your Future Scholarship application and required documentation.
Funding for the Finish for Your Future Scholarship is contingent on all sources of funds available to the student: federal and state aid, internal RichmondCC scholarships, other RichmondCC funds (if necessary). Eligible aid shall be awarded in this order. Outside scholarships do not count as coverage for Finish For Your Future students; therefore, these funds can be used to purchase books and supplies.
No, federal guidelines state that…” Pell Grants are considered to be the first source of aid for a student.” Therefore, your eligibility for the Pell Grant must be considered.
The Finish For Your Future Scholarship covers tuition and expenses up to $1000.
The potential for additional funds through the Working Scholarship is based on individual need. Please see someone in the financial aid office to discuss your situation.
No, but keep in mind this is a one-time scholarship up to $1000 and must be used within one year of completion of an AHS or HSE diploma.
Yes, you may lose your status by:
- Failing to maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Disciplinary action resulting in suspension or expulsion.
- Not following established financial aid deadline.
- Not enrolling within one year of completion of diploma.