The Honeycutt Center
To meet the growing demand for programs in Scotland County, Richmond Community College opened the Honeycutt Center in 2010 in downtown Laurinburg. The multi-purpose facility houses a variety of curriculum and Workforce and Economic Development classes.
Keep looking for updates on the status of the Morgan Center!! If you have been by the Honeycutt Center recently, you have noticed the renovations at the Morgan Center are close to completion. Exciting times in Scotland County with RichmondCC!!
Fall 2019 Classes in Scotland County
The following classes are scheduled for Scotland County starting August 15 2019:
Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology
- Intro to Refrigeration - Honeycutt Center
- HVAR Electricty - Honeycutt Center
- Comfort Cooling - Honeycutt Center
- Refrigeration Systems - Honeycutt Center
- HVACR Customer Relations - Honeycutt Center
- Residential System Design - Honeycutt Center
- HVACR Building Code - Honeycutt Center
- Art Appreciation - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Theatre Appreciation - North Laurinburg
- Introduction to Business - Honeycutt Center
- Principles of Management - Honeycutt Center
- Public Speaking - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Intro to Criminal Justive - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Investigative Principles - Honeycutt Center
- Principles of Microeconomics - Honeycutt Center
- Transition English - Honeycutt Center
- Writing and Inquiry - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Writing/Research in the Discuplines - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- American Literature II - North Laurinburg
- College Transfer Success - Honeycutt Center
- American History II - Honeycutt Center
Human Service Technology
- Group Process I - Honeycutt Center
- Substance Abuse Overview - Honeycutt Center
- Addictive Process - Honeycutt Center
- Web, Program & Database Foundation - Honeycutt Center
- Network & Security Foundation - Honeycutt Center
- Elementary Spansih I - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Elementary Spanish II - North Laurinburg
- Transition Math - Honeycutt Center
- Quantitative Literacy - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Precalculas Algebra - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Calculas I - North Laurinburg
- Nurse Aide I - Honeycutt Center
- Practical Nursing - Honeycutt Center
- General Biology I - North Laurinburg
- Anatomy/Physiology I - Honeycutt Center
- General Chemistry I - North Laurinburg
- Fit and Well for Life - North Laurinburg
- Intro to Ethics - North Laurinburg
- General Psychology - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
- Intro to Sociology - Honeycutt Center and North Laurinburg
Look at the Class Schedule for Scotland County for specific days and times of classes
Practical Nursing (LPN)
Students who enroll in the Practical Nursing program complete this diploma program at the Honeycutt Center. The Practical Nursing curriculum prepares individuals with the knowledge and skills to provide nursing care to children and adults. Students participate in assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care. Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN) which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). For more information, contact counselor Crystal Shaw at (910) 410-1729, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us online.
Heating & A/C Technician
The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology (AHRT) program is housed at the Honeycutt Center. This curriculum provides the basic knowledge to develop skills necessary to work with residential and light commercial systems. Topics include mechanical refrigeration, heating and cooling theory, electricity, controls, and safety. The diploma program covers air conditioning, furnaces, heat pumps, tools and instruments. The associate degree program covers residential building codes, residential system sizing, and advanced comfort systems. For more information, contact lead instructor Bill Frye at (910) 410-1938, by email email@example.com or contact us online.
Workforce & Economic Development (WED) Classes
If you are looking for career training, workforce advancement or personal enrichment classes, explore the many noncredit classes RichmondCC offers through its Workforce and Economic Development division. Our WED division can also provide your business or company with customized workforce training. For more information, contact Honeycutt Center Administrative Assistant Myra Locklear at (910) 410-1831, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us online.
Nursing Assistant I
The Nursing Assistant I program is offered at the Honeycutt Center. This is a 136-146 contact hour course offered in a traditional classroom setting. This training program includes day, evening and hybrid class options, and will prepare you to successfully complete a state of North Carolina competency evaluation examination. This allows the nurse aide to be listed on the N.C. Nurse Aide I Registry.
Click link for WED Class Schedule.
You can complete the placement tests at the Honeycutt Center. Testing sessions are scheduled at the Honeycutt Center in Laurinburg twice a week. The placement tests assess your reading, writing, math, and computer skills. A reading competency test may be required before taking some WED classes, including Nursing Assistant I, Phlebotomy and Basic Law Enforcement Training. Other placement tests may be required before starting a two-year degree program. To schedule a test session at the Honeycutt Center, call Admissions Counselor/Student Services Don Smeigh at (910) 410-1832 or email email@example.com
All online classes require at least one exam be taken in front of a proctor.This service is provided at the Honeycutt Center on a scheduled basis.You are required to give at least 2 days notice in order for the proctor to obtain the password and what materials (if any) can be used during the test.The times available for a proctored test will depend on the time limit of the test and the times a computer lab is available. To schedule a proctor test session at the Honeycutt Center, call Admissions Counselor/Student Services Don Smeigh at (910) 410-1832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re an adult who would like to finish your high school education or just review the basics, we offer Adult Education classes at the Honeycutt Center, including Adult High School diploma classes and High School Eqivalency test prep classes. For more information about classes at the Honeycutt Center, contact Terry Thompson at (910) 410-1787 or email email@example.com.
Z.V. Pate Community Room
The Z.V. Pate Community Room may be reserved for use by organizations in the Scotland County area for meetings and trainings. This room has a teaching station with a computer, internet access and whiteboards, and has a seating capacity of 48. To reserve the community room, contact Honeycutt Center Administrative Assistant Myra Locklear at (910) 410-1831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Morgan Center
Small Business Center
Richmond Community College's Small Business Center is currently located at the Morgan Center in Laurinburg. The Small Business Center supports the development of new businesses and the growth of existing businesses by being a community-based provider of counseling, training, and resource information. Butch Farrah is the Director of the Small Business Center and can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by phone at (910) 506-4402 or (910) 410-1687.
Click on the link below for more details and contact information.