Tutoring Services at the Academic Success Center
At Richmond Community College, we offer free tutoring services for our students through the Academic Success Center located on the Hamlet and Scotland County campuses. Students can receive personal, one-on-one tutoring or join in small group sessions.
Online Tutoring Services
Our students have free access to online tutoring services 24/7 for any RichmondCC class through Upswing. Sessions are real time audio, video, chat and virtual white board. Log in to Upswing using your self-service information.
Have you taken the North Carolina Diagnostic and Placement Test (NC_DAP) and are not happy with your score? Do you need a little help to increase your math or reading comprehension score? Contact the Academic Success Center to take advantage of these FREE tutoring services before classes begin.
Academic Success Center
- SheVonne McCormick: (910) 410-1755 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Daytime - Hamlet Campus)
- Teresa Meehan (910) 410-1896 or email@example.com (Evening - Hamlet Campus)
- Jeffrey Dogan at (910) 410-1951 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Scotland County Campus)
Hours of Operation: Scotland County
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon - Thurs
- 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Fridays
House of Operation: Hamlet
- 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mon - Thurs (Fall & Spring)
- 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mon - Thurs (Summer)
- 7:30. to 2:30 p.m. Fridays
We encourage our instructors to send students to our Academic Success Center for tutoring, skill labs or remedial work. Faculty must complete referral cards for students to be tutored and to identify specific academic weaknesses, as well as make suggestions for tutorial materials and/or techniques. Students will be assigned a tutor only when a referral card has been received by an Academic Success Coordinator.
Refer One of Your Students to Be a RichmondCC Tutor
We also encourage our faculty to recommend outstanding students who would be exceptional tutors in a subject area. Although RichmondCC relies on student tutors, professional tutors may be employed if needed.