Oral and Written Communication Center (OWCC)
The OWCC provides professional tutors in a comfortable environment to help RichmondCC students in any class involving a written or oral component.
Hamlet Campus Hours & Location
Conder Bulding, Rm. 105 & 107
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday
Scotland County Campus Hours & Location
Covington Street Building, Rm. 43A
9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Thursday
Closed on Fridays
Submit Your Writing for a Professional Review:
Click HERE to submit your writing for review by the OWCC team!
- Your work can be reviewed at any stage from draft to final copy.
The earlier the better!
- Your file must be in a Microsoft Word document file or a Microsoft PowerPoint file format.
- You must be logged into your RichmondCC Office 365 account
- Need help getting into your student account? Call 910.410.1700
Can I make an appointment for writing tutoring?
YES! Students who need help at the OWCC are encouraged to make an appointment by emailing OWCC@richmondcc.edu. Please title the email “OWCC Appointment” and provide your name, student ID, course information, the type of help you need and the date/time that would best suit you for coming in to the OWCC. You should receive a reply within 24 hours (M-F)
- Students are also always welcome to drop in, though appointments will have priority.
- Students can also access online writing tutoring via Upswing from the Moodle homepage.
Can I get help recording my oral presentation?
YES! Students who are required to submit a video file of an oral presentation can come to the OWCC to record, download and submit their assignment. Email the OWCC at OWCC@richmondcc.edu to make an appointment.
Teresa A. Caballero-Meehan
Academic Success Center Evening Coordinator and OWCC Coordinator