This course is designed to allow nurse aides who have let their certification with the state registry expire regain their certification in order to work as a certified nurse aide in North Carolina. Upon completion of 19 class hours and 25 lab hours, the student will have reviewed basic nursing skills, personal care skills, mental health and social service needs, care of cognitively impaired residents, restorative services and resident rights. They will possess the theoretical knowledge necessary to pass the written/oral examination and be able to demonstrate proficiency in nursing assistant skills.
- Mandatory Orientation: Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Scotland County Campus, Honeycutt Center, room 125
You must bring driver’s license, Social Security card and proof of expired certification from North Carolina Board of Nursing less than 5 years old.
- Class Dates: Sept. 20 - Nov. 15 | Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 6 to 9 p.m.
Successful completers will be given a course completion certificate and will be eligible to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Examination necessary for listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
Who is qualified to take this course?
- Nursing Assistants who were listed on the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR) NA-I Registry, but let this certification lapse in the past 5 years.
- Nursing Assistants who were registered as a Nurse Aide I in another state in the past 5 years and seek employment as a Nursing Aide I in North Carolina.
- Students must have successfully completed a state-approved training program
- Others who hold a state recognized healthcare credential from any state (EMT, EMT-P, etc.).
- Any military personnel who have had medical/corpsman training. (Must present DD-214)
- Students are responsible for presenting transcripts and all required paperwork during registration.
- Registration fee: $125
- Book: $54.98 (price subject to change)
Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care, The Basics 5th Edition & Workbook
Book - ISBN 978-1604251005
Workbook - ISBN 978-1604251012
*Both are available at the RichmondCC Bookstore
- State exam fee: $120
Complete application to register for this class here: Application
Please have separate checks for registration and book fees. If paying in cash, correct change is appreciated. Debit or credit cards are accepted for registration ONLY. Book will have to be purchased at RichmondCC's Bookstore with a credit or debit card.
For More Information
Call Richmond Community College at (910) 410-1700