Dear High School Families,
I hope this letter finds you and your family well and healthy. The COVID virus continues to turn our lives upside down, especially for our children. I understand the many challenges and pressures your children in high school are facing, and our College wants to help. I want to share the facts with you on how Richmond Community College can enhance your child’s academic and career opportunities, through our Career and College Promise Dual Enrollment Classes.
- Spring Semester Classes begin in January, and registration is open right now.
- All courses are FREE to you, and will earn both high school and college credit, as part of the high school schedule.
- Our courses are offered in an online format or in a traditional classroom setting at both of our safe, accessible Hamlet and Scotland County campuses.
- If your child is interested in a four-year degree, we offer a wide range of college classes that will transfer to every university in North Carolina.
For career-minded students, we have courses in healthcare, engineering, business, information technology and the trades that will fully prepare them for high demand, high salary jobs.
- Many of our classes support high school class rank, carrying the same weight as AP courses.
- Students who earn a C or better in two of our classes and earn an unweighted 3.00 grade-point average in their high school classes are GUARANTEED two years of FREE tuition and fees at RichmondCC after graduating from high school.
- Your child’s health is our priority. Our classroom seats are appropriately spaced; we require masks at all times; and we keep all teaching locations and equipment cleaned and sanitized to protect our students and employees.
Classes are filling up rapidly, so make sure your child is not left out. Contact Director of K-12 Programs Kary Edmondson (910-410-1928) today to prepare your child during these uncertain times with a high quality, high value education that is convenient and flexible.
I look forward to helping your son or daughter find a personalized path to academic and professional success, starting this January! Bring in this letter, and tell them the president sent you.
William D. McInnis, Ed.D.