While the cost of college is on the rise at a national level, Richmond Community College continues to put into place strategies that will keep college affordable for the residents of Richmond and Scotland counties. Under the plan of the RichmondCC Guarantee, the College is offering two years of free in-state tuition and fees to legal residents of Richmond and Scotland counties who meet these simple steps:
- Successfully complete at least 2 free dual enrollment courses through Career and College Promise program and be in good academic standing with RichmondCC.*
- Earn at least a 3.0 unweighted GPA in high school and enroll at RichmondCC the following semester.
- Complete the RichmondCC scholarship and federal financial aid application processes.
*Good academic standing is a minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.00 at the end of each semester.
Students who receive the RichmondCC Guarantee must maintain good academic standing with RichmondCC to continue to be eligible.
Save $1,000 in Tuition Fees
By guaranteeing free college tuition and fees at RichmondCC for two years, we are providing people with a savings of $4,800, depending on the program and courses.
Parents: Planning Begins Now
The FIRST STEP to putting your child on the path to the RichmondCC Guarantee begins when your child is a junior or senior in high school, which is when he or she can enroll in RichmondCC’s dual enrollment program, Career and College Promise. Have your child talk to his or her high school advisor about dual enrollment at RichmondCC, or call RichmondCC at (910) 410-1730 to talk to one of our college counselors. Visit Career and College Promise.
Fall 2017-Spring 2019 Timeline
- In March, high school seniors who qualify for the RichmondCC Guarantee will receive a letter in the mail.
- In April, qualified students will be invited to the RichmondCC Guarantee Celebration and Open House.
- In August, RichmondCC Guarantee recipients will begin their first free year of college.
Funding for the RichmondCC Guarantee is contingent on all source of funds available to the student: federal and state aid, internal RichmondCC scholarships, other RichmondCC funds (if necessary). Eligible aid shall be awarded in this order.
Additional terms and conditions may apply.