Scotland High School
Scotland High School (SHS) students wishing to enroll in dual enrollment courses at RichmondCC must be a junior or senior and have an unweighted GPA of 2.8. Students must complete the contract and application below. Please return the contract to Dr. Patricia Powell-Patrick in Room 267 or to their guidance counselors on the campus of Scotland High.
SHS CCP Contract
SHS Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a junior or senior.
- Must have a high school unweighted GPA of 2.8
- Must meet with a high school guidance counselor to ensure college classes fit in the high school track.
- Must take a minimum of two courses at SHS each semester.
SHS Grading Policy:
- Grades earned at RichmondCC will be included on high school transcript and count as part of the high school GPA.
- College classes cannot be dropped after the first five days of the high school semester.
- If a student stops attending class, dropped by the college for attendance or fails to never attend or sign on to an online class, the student will receive an "F" on the high school transcript.
Fee and Expenses:
- RichmondCC tuition is waived.
- RichmondCC covers the cost of college fees.
- Scotland County Schools covers the cost of textbooks and online access codes required for courses SHS students take.
- The school district also provides transportation from the high school to the Honeycutt Center.
SHS Continuation Requirements:
- Students will not be allowed to take college courses the following semester if any college course is failed.
SHS students are allowed to take RichmondCC courses during third and fourth blocks.