The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides knowledge, skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in a dynamic environment, and to meet individual needs which impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential.
Course work includes, and builds upon, the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic individual. Content emphasizes the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, individualize care while employing evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics.
Graduates of this program are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Employment opportunities are vast within the global health care system and may include positions within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and community health care facilities.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) measures basic essential skills in the academic content area of reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage. The test is intended for use primarily with adult nursing program applicants. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants. RichmondCC offers the TEAS VI monthly from June 1 to March 1.
Test Fees & Scores
- Cost for the TEAS exam is $70 per each attempt. You can only test two times in one calendar year. You must wait 60 days between each test attempt.
- Scores are accepted June 1, 2020 to March 1, 2021. TEAS test scores will expire after 3 years.
TEAS Test Dates
- Thursday, February 11 - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18 - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, February 25 - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Honeycutt Center - Laurinburg
- Friday, February 12 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 23 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To request a TEAS test appointment, email email@example.com. Please include your full name, RichmondCC student ID number or date of birth, phone number and which available date you would like to schedule your test.
Fall 2021 Admission Requirements for Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program Traditional Two Year Pathway August 2021 to May 2023(Day Classes)
These items are required for the ADN selection process by March 1, 2021
- Apply for admission to Richmond Community College and NC Residency Application
- Successfully completed or Exempted from DRE 098 & DMA 010 through DMA 050 or successfully completed or exempted from MAT 003 Tier 2, ENG 002
- Request official high school transcript or GED scores to be sent to Office of Admissions
- Request official transcripts from ALL colleges and schools attended since High School to be sent to Office of Admissions
- Complete an application for the Nursing Program(s) between June 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021 to start in Fall Semester 2021 (Must complete before taking the TEAS)
- Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with a minimum composite score of 58 and minimum of 55 on the Math Section. TEAS scores expire after 3 years (63 composite score is required if in a previous ADN program or BSN program)
- Submit documentation of state approved Nursing Assistant I training and registry listing by June 1, 2021
- Must have a 2.5 program GPA (GPA is calculated based on courses completed in Box 1 of the ADN point sheet. An ADN applicant must have at least 12 credit hours completed or the unweighted high school GPA will be used or cumulative GPA from a college degree from a regionally accredited college)
Once a Nursing Applicant has completed the Admission Requirements for ADN listed above, the applicant will enter into a competitive admissions process based on a point system. Points are calculated in March 2021. A copy of the point sheet is sent to ADN applicants who complete Admission Requirements along with further instructions on the remainder of the Admissions Process by March 31st, 2021.
For previous Program & Course Requirements, Program Completion Guides and Course Catalogs, please visit the Archives.