The Electric Lineman course prepares individuals to work as linemen in the preparation and repair of electrical utility service.
Course topics include basic elements of electricity, overhead pole and electrical line constructions, safety codes and applications, electric system, transformer and meter installations, and explorations of underground electrical distribution.
- January 11, 2021 - April 28, 2021 FULL
- May 10, 2021 - August 25, 2021
Class meets Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Lineman Yard on the Hamlet Campus.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Copy of high school diploma or highschool equivalency
- Copy of current DOT physical and drugscreen
- Copy of unrestricted driver’s license
- Copy of driving record (does not need to be official driving record, visit NCDOT.gov to order a copy online.)
- TABE Reading score at 9.0 or higher or transcript for 2-year degree or higher
Certifications You Will Earn:
Any student who successfully completes this course will obtain the following:
- OSHA 10 Certification
- CPR Certification
- CDL Learner's Permit
- 811 Certification
$980 (includes boots, tuition, hard hat, glasses, tool kit, and certification cards)
***In order to be registered for the class, payment must be made in full and all documents must be submitted.
Scholarship Funds Available
Funds are available through the 2nd Chance Scholarship to help students with the costs of the course. The 2nd Chance scholarship is for students taking classes through the Workforce & Economic Development division.
*WIOA sponsorship accepted.