The Electric Lineman course prepares individuals to work as linemen in the preparation and repair of rural electrical utility service.
Course topics include basic elements of electricity, overhead pole and electrical line constructions, safety codes and applications, electric system, transformer and meter installations, and explorations of underground electrical distribution.
Summer Class - ALL SEATS ARE FILLED IN THIS CLASS.
June 3 - Aug. 13 - 8 a.m - 5 p.m. Monday - Thursday; 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Friday I Main Campus, Hamlet
Fall Class - 11 Weeks
Sept. 9 - Dec. 10 - 9 a.m - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday; 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Friday I Main Campus, Hamlet
- Must be 18 years or older
- Copy of high school diploma or highschool equivalency
- Copy of current DOT physical and drugscreen
- Copy of unrestricted driver’s license.
- Copy of driving record
- Accuplacer reading score of 60 or higheror transcript for 2-year degree or higher
- NCCER Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- CDL Learner's Permit
$675 for tuition, books, supplies and other fees
Scholarship Funds Available
Funds are available through the 2nd Chance Scholarship to help students with the costs of the course. The 2nd Chance scholarship is for students taking classes through the Workforce & Economic Development division.