The Electric Lineman course prepares individuals to work as linemen in the preparation and repair of rural electrical utility service.
Course topics include basic elements of electricity, overhead pole and electrical line constructions, safety codes and applications, electric ystem, transformer and meter installations,and explorations of underground electrical distribution.
Class Dates: March 4 - May 13 I 9 a.m - 4:30 p.m. I Monday - Friday I Main Campus, Hamlet
- Copy of high school diploma or highschool equivalency
- Copy of current DOT physical and drugscreen
- Copy of unrestricted driver’s license.
- Copy of official driving record
- Accuplacer reading score of 60 or higheror transcript for 2-year degree or higher
- NCCER Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- CDL Learner's Permit
$855 for tuition, books, supplies and other fees
Scholarship Funds Available
Funds are available through the 2nd Chance Scholarship to help students with the costs of the course. The 2nd Chance scholarship is for students taking classes through the Workforce & Economic Development division.