The Electric Lineman course prepares individuals to work as linemen in the preparation and repair of electrical utility service.
Course topics include basic elements of electricity, overhead pole and electrical line constructions, safety codes and applications, electric system, transformer and meter installations, and explorations of underground electrical distribution.
- SPRING CLASS IS FULL
- SUMMER CLASS: April 27 - July 28 - CANCELED
- FALL CLASS: Aug. 17 - Nov. 12
Class meets Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Lineman Yard on the Hamlet Campus.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Copy of high school diploma or highschool equivalency
- Copy of current DOT physical and drugscreen
- Copy of unrestricted driver’s license.
- Copy of driving record (does not need to be official driving record, visit NCDOT.gov to order a copy online.)
- TABE Reading score at 9.0 or higheror transcript for 2-year degree or higher
- OSHA 10 Certification
- CPR Certification
- CDL Learner's Permit
$799 for tuition, books, supplies and other fees
***In order to be register for the class, payment must be made in full and all documents must be submitted.
Scholarship Funds Available
Funds are available through the 2nd Chance Scholarship to help students with the costs of the course. The 2nd Chance scholarship is for students taking classes through the Workforce & Economic Development division.