College Programs for Veterans in Laurinburg & Hamlet at Richmond Community College
Richmond Community College is proud to partner with the Student Veterans Association to provide a great atmosphere for veterans to transition from soldier to student, as well as opportunities for community awareness and support.
Our educational programs are not only approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency for the enrollment of persons eligible for education assistance benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, but they’re also flexible to the educational needs of veterans. Richmond Community College is a great college for veterans to further their education because we offer online classes, adult education and workforce development that is flexible to their needs.
How to Apply for VA Education Benefits at RCC
If you’re interested in applying for VA education benefits at RCC, proceed with the following steps:
- Review the Veterans Affairs Procedures. It is also available in the RichmondCC Student Handbook.
- Pick up a VA Education Benefits Information Packet from the Student Services Office for more details on how to use your VA education benefits at Richmond Community College.
- Apply for benefits with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you need assistance completing the application, please contact our VA School Certifying Official at (910) 410-1727.
- After receiving your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA establishing your benefits, you must complete an Enrollment Certification Worksheet and Attendance Acknowledgement each semester. This worksheet must be completed with your final schedule. Please do not make changes to your schedule after submitting this worksheet, as it will delay your benefits. Be aware that the starting and ending dates of a course will affect your full-time status. You may not be considered full-time over the entire semester if your course starts late or ends early.
- Students receiving VA benefits must submit an Attendance Verification Worksheet every two weeks to the VA School Certifying Official. The Attendance Verification Worksheet should include all traditional in class classes and hybrid classes. Attendance for online classes are verified by the VA School Certifying Official. Failure to submit the Attendance Verification Worksheet could result in termination of your current VA education benefits. (Students receiving Montgomery GI Bill and VRAP still has to call or go online monthly to verify their attendance to the VA)
- If you are currently enrolled at RCC and receiving benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill or the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP), you need to verify your attendance on the last day of each month. You can do this online or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
- GoArmyEd is the virtual gateway for all eligible Active Duty, National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online. The TA program provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a soldier’s professional and personal self-development goals. Soldiers must request TA through GoArmyEd prior to the course start date. TA is requested and approved on a course-by-course basis.
Get your education started today by applying for veteran benefits at Richmond Community College. Feel free to contact our VA School Certifying Official, Crystal Shepard, at (910) 410-1727, email her at email@example.com or consult your local Veterans Services office for more information.
Veterans Services, Richmond County Office
125 S. Hancock Street
Rockingham, NC 28379
Phone: (910) 997-8232
Veterans Services, Scotland County Office
311 Yadkin Avenue
Laurinburg, NC 28352
Phone: (910) 277-2597