Learn About Our Accreditation at Richmond Community College
Richmond Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, associate in applied science degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 if you have questions about our accreditation.
Questions regarding college operations, including admissions, financial aid, and programs offered, should be addressed to the Student Services Department at (910) 410-1730. The Commission should only be contacted if there is evidence that appears to support RichmondCC’s non-compliance with a SACSCOC requirement or standard.
The Medical Assisting program at Richmond Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763 | (727) 210-2350
Medical Assisting: Percentage for Job Placement from 2013 to 2018: 70%
Certificate Accreditation at RichmondCC
- The Associate Degree Nursing program is approved by the N.C. Board of Nursing.
- The Criminal Justice Technology program is certified as meeting the educational and program requirements of the N.C. Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission.
- The Basic Law Enforcement Training program is certified by the N.C. Criminal Justice Training Standards Commission.
- The Mechanical Engineering Technology curriculum and the CAD Certificate programs are certified by the American Drafting and Design Association at the Drafting and Design Levels.
RichmondCC’s Quality Enhancement Plan
Richmond Community College recognizes the importance of preparing students to be competitive and successful in their academic and professional endeavors –– and possessing effective oral and written communication skills plays an integral role in student achievement. Our Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) focuses on impacting student learning and supports all elements of RichmondCC’s mission, vision and strategic directives, improving the quality of education and enhancing the quality of life for students.
The goal of RichmondCC’s Quality Enhancement Plan is to improve our graduates’ ability to communicate effectively in their chosen career and educational paths. The Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) of the program include that, given a professional or academic context appropriate to the student’s chosen career or education path:
- The student will express thoughts and ideas in writing using Standard English and appropriate vocabulary.
- The student will express thoughts and ideas orally using Standard English and appropriate vocabulary.
- The student will select and use appropriate means and methods to communicate thoughts and ideas.
Feel free to use the QEP Assessment Rubric and Communication Guidelines checklist below to measure all three QEP SLOs as you begin to incorporate oral and written assignments into your courses. Please remember that unless your area of instruction is currently participating in implementation or assessment, there is no requirement at this time to incorporate both an oral or written assignment.