Scotland High School
Scotland High School (SHS) students wishing to enroll in dual enrollment courses at RichmondCC must sign a student contract found HERE and return it to Dr. Patricia Powell-Patrick in Room 267 or to their guidance counselors on the campus of Scotland High. Potential students must also complete a Richmond Community College dual enrollment application, which may be done by clicking the link below:
SHS Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a junior or senior.
- Must have a high school unweighted GPA of 2.8
- Must meet with high school guidance counselor to ensure college classes fit in high school track.
- Must take a minimum of two courses at SHS each semester.
SHS Grading Policy:
- Grades earned at RichmondCC will be included on high school transcript and count as part of the high school GPA.
- College classes cannot be dropped after the first five days of the high school semester.
- If a student stops attending class, dropped by the college for attendance or fails to never attend or sign on to an online class, the student will receive and "F" on the high school transcript.
Fee and Expenses:
- RichmondCC tuition is waived.
- RichmondCC covers the cost of college fees.
- Scotland County Schools covers the cost of textbooks and online access codes required for courses SHS students take.
- The school district also provides transportation from the high school to the Honeycutt Center.
SHS Continuation Requirements:
- Students will not be allowed to take college courses the following semester if any college course is failed.
SHS students are allowed to take RichmondCC courses during first and fourth blocks.