This is an introductory level real estate course with heavy emphasis on real estate brokerage law, principles and practice. The class provides you with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to act as a licensed real estate broker in a manner that protects and serves the public interest and prepares them for the real estate license examination. Course is a total of 84 hours.
2021 Class Start Dates:
Location: Hamlet Campus
Cost: $180, plus textbooks
- Basic real property law
- Property taxation
- Land use controls
- Environmental hazards,
- Brokerage relationships and practices
- Real estate contracts
- Real estate financing
- Closing a real estate sale transaction
- Real estate valuation
- Fair housing laws
- Landlord and tenant property management
- Federal income taxation of real estate
- Basic house construction
- Basic real estate investment
- North Carolina Real Estate License Law
- North Carolina Real Estate Commission Rules and Trust Account Guidelines
To qualify for a Real Estate Broker License in N.C., you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen, a non-citizen national or a qualified alien under federal law.
- Have a Social Security Number.
- Satisfactorily complete a broker pre-licensing course with a minimum of 75 classroom hours at a North Carolina school approved by the NC Real Estate Commission. Richmond Community College is an approved school.
READY TO SIGN UP?