What is a RichmondCC Ambassador?
RICHMONDCC AMBASSADORS are respected students acting as representatives of the college. Their role is to reflect a positive image of Richmond Community College.
The RichmondCC Ambassadors are currently enrolled students who represent the college’s student population. They have a variety of career goals and experiences. It is an honor to be selected for the Ambassador program. Ambassadors are self-nominated with the support faculty and staff. Each Ambassadors serves a one-year term during which he or she will represent the College at a variety of on and off-campus events. Each Ambassador receives a scholarship, public recognition, networking opportunities, job-search support and a powerful addition to his or her resume.
Each Ambassador must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Complete and submit an Ambassador application and typed essay to the Student Services Department by the deadline designated on the form.
- Attend an in-person interview with the Ambassador Committee.
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Have completed or be scheduled to complete a total of 24 credit hours by the end of the current semester.
The duties of a RichmondCC Ambassador is as follows:
- Each ambassador is expected to work a total of up to 100 hours over the course of the one-year contract term.
- Working attendance is mandatory and includes but not limited to the following events:
- GED Graduation
- Summer Registration
- Director’s Circle End-of-Season Dinner
- Fall Registration
- Six DeWitt Series Shows
- RichmondCC Foundation Citizen of the Year Banquet
- Spring Registration
3. Attendance is required at the RichmondCC Foundation Scholarship recognition banquet.
The primary funding for the Ambassador Program is made possible by Richmond Community College Foundation. The RichmondCC Ambassador Scholarship is paid eight times over the academic year starting Sept. 1. Payments are treated as Financial Aid and dispersed by the Richmond Community College Business Office at the discretion of the Financial Aid Department and with approval from appropriate Student Services representatives. Funds remaining after student account expenses (tuition, books, and fees) are settled will be paid directly to the student. The RichmondCC Foundation will provide funding for Ambassador uniforms and various related expenses as determined by the Ambassador Committee and authorized by the Foundation Board.
Will You Consider Being a RichmondCC Ambassor?
FOR THE 2018-2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
RichmondCC Ambassador Applications are available starting March 1. Applications can be downloaded or picked up from the receptionists at Student Services in the Lee Building on the main campus in Hamlet and the Honeycutt Center in Laurinburg. Applications need to be completed and returned by Friday, March 23.