Student Government Association (SGA) was organized and chartered in 1967 and is responsible for governing students, assisting in the execution of institutional policies and maintaining an appropriate image of RichmondCC in the community. Every student is a member of SGA and is welcome to get involved if he or she wants to be a part of any campus events and activities, or have a voice in college policies. Being a part of SGA is an educational experience and a great way to learn leadership and management skills. Scholarships are available for all officers.
SGA Mission Statement
The mission of Richmond Community College Student Government Association is:
- To improve the student body experience
- To serve to concerted need of the student body
- To encourage sociability among its members
- To provide an efficient cordial environment for the student body
- President must be a second semester student; enrolled at least 3/4 time in a 2-year curriculum program; maintain at least a 2.75 GPA.
- Vice President of Office Administration, Vice President of Student Activities, Secretary, Treasurer, Parliamentarian and Public Information Officer must be a second semester student; enrolled at least 1/2 time in a 2-year curriculum program; maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
How to Apply
Interested students can download a letter of intent or pick up a paper copy from the Student Success Coach in Student Services; once completed, submit it to the SGA Advisor (Chris Gardner, Student Services) for verification of eligibility. For additional information, please contact Mr. Gardner at (910) 410-1731 or email@example.com.
2018 Student Government Officers
President — Nicole Williams
Vice President — Jaime Farris
Director of Office Administration — Logan Smith
Assistant Director of Office Administration — Jessica Lowery
Treasurer — Jahmal Wray
Public Information Officer — Kimberly Bruce
Event Coordinator — Lesleigh McDonald
Community Service Coordinator — Shelly McDonald