The Practical Nursing curriculum prepares individuals with the knowledge and skills to provide nursing care to children and adults.
Students will participate in assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care.
Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN), which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Employment opportunities include hospitals, rehabilitation/long term care/home health facilities, clinics and physicians’ offices.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) measures basic essential skills in the academic content area of reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage. The test is intended for use primarily with adult nursing program applicants. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants. RichmondCC offers the TEAS VI monthly from June 1 to Jan. 31.
Test Fees & Scores
- Cost for the TEAS exam is $58 per each attempt. You can only test two times in one calendar year. You must wait 60 days between each test attempt.
- Scores are accepted June 1, 2018, to Jan, 31, 2019. TEAS test scores will expire after 3 years.
Please Complete a nursing application before you take the TEAS test.
Main Campus - Hamlet
- Wednesday, Jan. 9, at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 25, at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, at 5 p.m.
Honeycutt Campus - Laurinburg
- Friday, Jan. 18, at 9 a.m.
To sign up for testing, email firstname.lastname@example.org.