EMT - Basic Training
Prepare for a career as an emergency medical technician (EMT). This course will prepare you for certification as an EMT. You will learn life support, basic patient care and emergency response methods. Classes are held in Febuary and August each year.
Next class begins Aug. 12! Class will meet from 6 to 10 p.m. in room 107 in the James Building, 106 Vance St., Hamlet. This class will be held on a rotating schedule; the instructor will inform students what days of the week the class will meet.
- In order to enroll in this class you:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and provide proof.
- Must provide a copy of a valid driver’s license/ID and Social Security Card.
- Must take the Accuplacer Reading test and score at least a 66 or higher or submit scores from an accredited institution or submit a transcript that shows that you have tested out of a reading class.
- Must provide copy of most recent immunization records.
*If you are a rescue volunteer, please bring a letter from that agency stating that you are a volunteer in order to waive the registration fee of $180. Insurance fee of $13 must be paid by the student.
Registration Fee: $180 (waived only for NC rescue volunteers)
For more information, Contact Holly Russell, WED Programming Director, at (910) 410-1704, or email email@example.com.