RichmondCC understands that the demands of work and family may make it difficult to attend traditional classes on our campus. To provide you with the greatest flexibility possible in working towards your education goals, we offer a variety of courses, and even entire programs, in a hybrid format or completely online.
In a hybrid course, some of the contact hours required are completed online, limiting the amount of time spent in the classroom. This is a good choice for those who still wish to have face-to-face interaction with other students and faculty.
Other courses are offered completely online.
The distance learning option may be right for you:
- If work and/or family responsibilities make it difficult for you to attend traditional classes.
- You do not need the structure of a classroom setting, and are comfortable working on your own and meeting course deadlines.
- You are reasonably comfortable using a computer, keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Office and other general software, uploading and attaching files, and navigating the internet using a browser.
- You have dependable access to broadband internet services.
Before registering for a distance learning course, here are some important things to be aware of:
- As a distance learning student, you are entitled to all student services available to traditional students.
- There are no additional fees charged for distance learning courses.
- RichmondCC utilizes Moodle as its LMS (Learning Management System). If you’ve taken distance learning courses at other schools or colleges, you may be familiar with Moodle, or used a similar system.
- You should log in to your course as soon as possible after classes start. In all distance learning courses, there will be an entrance assignment that must be completed to establish enrollment.
- Individual instructors will have different kinds of assignments with different due dates and times. It is important that you stay aware of due dates for individual courses.
- Distance learning courses may require proctored exams. Read the Instructor’s Course Requirements (ICR) provided by each of your instructors for details about the course requirements.
- Check your student email daily for important messages from your instructors or RichmondCC.
- If you are having problems in a course, you should contact your instructor immediately. If you are having trouble with any other school matter, contact your instructor, your advisor, or Student Services.
- If you forget your password, you can reset it by following the Web Advisor link at the bottom of RichmondCC’s home page, and then clicking on Reset My Password.
- If you are having any other trouble with RichmondCC’s systems, you can complete a helpdesk ticket.