Want to be an Internship Site?
Richmond Community College has joined forces with local industries and businesses to form an Internship Program for college students. One of the main goals is to help train students in many fields from electrical, electronics, and manufacturing to welding and healthcare.
This also gives students the chance to work on skills outside the classroom environment. We will work together to improve the education and training of each student who participates in the internship. Some of the topics include:
- Conducting a comprehensive skills assessment through the HRD program at the student’s point of entry to include interests and skill sets.
- Offering flexible work hours that allow students to continue working on their degree. This should help improve retention rates, and speeding time to completion.
- Providing student support services, including a Mentor, to guide the student throughout the process.
- Matching student internships with industry and monitoring the benefit to both student and employer. Upon receipt of a credential, a student may be hired by the employer.
- Developing a pipeline of students from high school to college and partnering with Career and Technical Education programs and Early College High Schools to bring additional students into the training programs.
Your internship can provide valuable opportunities for our students. If you want to make a difference please complete the Internship For Students Job Description form and submit to the Career and Transfer Center. Our internship site coordinator will contact you for more information.
For more information about these services, contact Lee Eller at (910) 410-1688 or email@example.com. For all general requests please call our main campus at (910) 410-1700