RCC Staff on Hand July 21 to Help People Apply for Financial Aid
Richmond Community College is holding a FAFSA Day from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 21, to help current and prospective students get the money they need to pay for college.
Students who want to apply for federal aid must complete a FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The application is filled out online, and students must submit a new FAFSA each academic year.
“Because the FAFSA must be completed online, we invite people to RCC’s campus where they can use our computers and get help from our staff,” Director of Financial Aid Jon Carter said. “Our staff will be on hand July 21 to assist people with the process and make sure they fill out the form properly so they have every opportunity to qualify for financial aid.”
Here is a list of materials that current or future students will need to complete the FAFSA:
- Your Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
- Your driver's license (if any)
- Your W2 Forms for the previous year and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) most recent Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040Telefile, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia
- Your parent’s Federal Income Tax Return for the previous year (if you are a dependent student as defined by federal criteria)
- Your current bank statements
- Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.
“If someone does not have all this information with them on July 21, our staff will assist in making sure the FAFSA is still submitted as accurately as possible,” Carter said.
RCC’s staff will be available to assist people with their FAFSA from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. July 21 in room 5 of the Lee Building on the college’s main campus, which is located at 1042 W. Hamlet Ave., Hamlet.
For more information, call (910) 410-1723 or go to Financial Aid.