Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Within each NCWorks Career Center in a five countyregion representatives from Two Hawk Workforce Servics and Bladen Community College partner with Lumber River Workforce Development Board to operate the Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program. The WIOA program is designed to address and remedy the employment and training needs of adults and dislocated workers. Individuals who are eligible for the WIOA program can utilize a variety of services including:
- Educational Support Services (Books, Tuition, Supplies, etc.)
- Job Search/Placement
- Occupational Skills Training
- On-the-job Training Opportunities
- Work Experience Opportunities
What should you do?
- Call or stop by your nearest NCWorks Career Center and Speak with a career advisor.
- Complete an employability assessment to determine the skills and qualifications needed to obtain and maintain employment.
- Develop a plan of action.