Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028.Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
General Description: The WED Coordinator will specialize in coordinating Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET), Detention Officer Training, and Emergency Medical Dispatch Continuing Education. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Workforce and Economic Development, the WED Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, growth, evaluation and management of above programs.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for all Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) courses including various non-transferrable Criminal Justice course work, ensuring they are aligned with the North Carolina Criminal Justice and Standards requirements; provide orientation, training, mentoring, support, and supervision for instructors; build and maintain a professional relationship with local and regional public safety organizations; maintain effective relationships and communication with instructors, staff, and college offices.
- Must be able to assist students and be knowledgeable with the online registration for the Emergency Medical Dispatch Program (WEDREG). Perform “block registration” process in Datatel and Moodle, along with creating class shells, and assist with any login issues.
- Manage day-to-day operations, serve as the primary recruiter for the BLET Program, manage department resources, continually assess and improve curricula, assess and communicate professional development needs to the Director; assists the Director in managing and evaluating FTE generation; assist with marketing, student advising and career planning; follow testing standards.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate part-time instructors.
- Ensure compliance with all governing agencies (North Carolina Law Enforcement Training and Standards, North Carolina Office of EMS, and North Carolina Sheriff's Training and Standards).
- Make required class visits as outlined in the policy for Work Force and Economic Development Internal Program Accountability Plan while maintaining all course outlines.
- Oversee all program operations: course outline preparation, contract preparation, registration, orientation, instruction, grading and evaluation of all courses in the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate the ordering of books, materials, supplies and availability of facilities for practical experiences for courses.
- Submission of all required reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Effective written commuincation and public speaking skills are required. Must possess computer skills to include the ability to use word processing, spreadsheets and database applications. A strong familiarity with web-based technologies desired. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends. Ability to become certified instructor in law enforcement.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred One to three years’ experience working with adult learners preferred. Experience with Moodle and Datatel preferred.
Available: Immediately. Application review begins: September 25, 2017, Open until filled. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Scale. Starting range - $35,649-$44,561, commensurate with experience. Full-time.
Location: Richmond and Scotland service area.