Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website.
- No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only.
- Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Methods to submit an application:
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
General Description of the Position:
The Residential Wiring Instructor, under the supervision of the Director of Adult Education and the authority of the Vice President for Workforce and Economic Development and in cooperation with the Morrison Correctional Institution’s educational department, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned continuing education area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Provide effective instruction in the area of basic residential wiring to students located in a correctional institution. Teach students effectively
- Administer proficiency examinations and stay abreast of student’s classroom needs.
- Assist in the continual evaluation of the curriculum, developing course outlines, teaching outlines, and course descriptions as required.
- Maintain a current course outline file in the Workforce and Economic Development office.
- Recommend textbooks, materials, supplies, and equipment needed to support the program.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the Workforce and Economic Development or Business Office and NCDPS.
- Submit reports and WebAttendance in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and required training.
- Keep College administration informed of matters pertaining to his/her programs.
- Abide by all of the directives set forth in the formal agreement between Richmond Community College and Morrison Correctional Institution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate's degree preferred. Certificate or degree in field of instruction preferred. Considerable knowledge of the particular program and ability to teach inmates required. Three to five years’ experience in the field of instruction preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to effectively teach inmates. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: November 19, 2018, open until filled. To apply: submit the signed RCC Application and unofficial or photocopies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: Salary Level 7, Starting range ($33,675 - $42,094) – commensurate with experience. Full-time.
Location: Morrison Correctional Institute
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804 or (910) 276-3331
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer