Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website.
No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only.
Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
General Description of the Position:
The Network Systems Engineer reports directly to the Chief Information Officer. The purpose of the position is to recommend, design, implement, and support college network infrastructure based on the needs of staff and faculty.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Manage Active Directory and network directory structures reflecting organizational needs.
- Install, maintain, and repair network server, storage, and backup hardware.
- Manage Microsoft Office 365 environment.
- Manage Microsoft Hyper-V environment.
- Perform backup and restore procedures to ensure data integrity.
- LAN/WAN design, management, and configuration.
- Install and maintain networking infrastructure. (Cabling, wireless, routers, switches, etc.)
- Help Desk support for college personnel.
- Provide training to end users for new and existing college services.
- Install, repair, relocate, and support end user computers and peripherals.
- Install, administer, and support network server applications. (Reporting, phone, document imaging, etc.)
- Install and support Instructional Technology. (SMART Boards, Audio/Video equipment, projectors, etc.)
- Perform research on and evaluate solutions for college needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate Degree in an Information Technology related field required. CCNA (or better) preferred. MCSA (or better) preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field or 3+ years equivalent work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of Linux and Windows server management, Cisco networking concepts, Palo Alto Gateway, Sharepoint, Security Camera/DVR management, Microsoft System Center management, Document imaging, and management of IP telephony and unified communication systems. Effective written and oral communication skills, ability to work effectively as a member of a team, self motivated, able to work effectively without direct supervision.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: September 10, 2018, open until filled. To apply: submit the signed RCC Application and unofficial or photocopies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: Salary Level 9 – commensurate with experience, Full-time.
Location: RCC service area
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804 or (910) 276-3331
Fax: (910) 582-7028
Equal Opportunity Employer