Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028.Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
An Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and in cooperation with the Program Lead Instructor and Department Chairperson and Dean, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned curriculum area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Teaches students effectively to meet student learning outcomes.
- Holds class sessions as scheduled to meet student learning outcomes.
- Maintains office hours as required by college policy.
- Makes course syllabi and Instructor Course Requirements available to students no later than the first class session or the first date of the course session for Distance Learning courses.Rubrics used to evaluate specific assignments should also be made available to students.
- Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
- Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
- Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
- Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of curricula through the planning process and departmental meetings.
- Provides the Vice President for Instruction or his/her designee with updated Instructor’s Course Requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
- Attends and participates in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs.
- Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the Institution. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Able to teach in various delivery modes. Willing to accept day and/or evening teaching assignments and teaching assignments at other locations as needed by the Institution.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or an information technology (IT) related field required. Master’s degree in previously listed areas, or other with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in computer science or information systems courses preferred. A minimum of one year teaching experience, especially distance learning using Moodle LMS, preferred. Experience with computer networks and/or cyber security strongly preferred. The ability to maintain and update IT program networking equipment and labs is required. Must maintain a small Active Directory environment. A+, Network+ (or other networking), and/or Security+ (or other security) certifications strongly preferred. The successful candidate will prepare and teach courses that align with and require students to complete CompTIA, Microsoft, and other certifications, with a focus on networking and security. The completion of IT certifications related to courses taught will be required as a condition of employment, within a timeframe set upon employment.
Available: August, 2017. Pending State funds availability. Application deadline: July 18, 2017. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Faculty Salary Scale. Starting range - $42,435-$63,702 with a Bachelor’s, commensurate with experience. Full-time. 9-month academic calendar.
Equal Opportunity Employer