Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website.
- No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only.
- Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
- Fax: 910-582-7028.Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
General Description of the Position:
The Occupational Extension Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Director of Adult Education and HSE and the Vice President of Workforce and Economic Development and in cooperation with the Morrison Correctional Institution's educational department, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned continuing education area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Teaches students effectively in assigned classes.
- Meets classes as scheduled.
- Provides students access through posted office hours.
- Plans, compiles, edits, and maintains learning outcomes for review in the evaluation process.
- Maintains up-to-date and appropriate courses of study.
- Distributes course syllabi and college policy information in a timely manner.
- Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
- Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
- Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
- Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of programming through the planning process and department meetings.
- Provides the WED office with updated Instructor's course requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
- Attends and participate in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs.
- Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate degree in Culinary Science preferred. Teaching experience preferred. Ability to teach introduction to foodservice, introduction to baking, basic foodservice skills, safety & sanitation, and foodservice equipment courses required. Ability to prepare students for employment as line cooks, prep cooks, or bakers in foodservice settings required. Ability and willingness to teach in a youth correctional facility required. Ability to teach Food Service Industry credentialing is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision and willing to accept day and/or evening teaching assignments as needed by the institution.
Position Available: February 1, 2018. Application review begins: February 5, 2018. To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be received by the review date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 7. Starting range $33,014 to $41,268 per hour. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, Full-time.