Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345 Fax: 910-582-7028.
- Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
General Description of the Position:
An Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Vice President for Instruction, and in cooperation with the Lead instructor and Department Chairpersons, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the Electric Utility Substation and Relay Technology curriculum area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
1. Teaches students effectively to meet student learning outcomes.
2. Holds class sessions as scheduled to meet student learning outcomes.
3. Provides students access through posted office hours.
4. Makes course syllabi and ICRs available to students no later than the first class session or the first date of the course session for Distance Learning courses. Rubrics used to evaluate specific assignments should also be made available to students.
5. Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
6. Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
7. Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
8. Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
9. Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of curricula through the planning process and departmental meetings.
10. Provides the curriculum office with updated Instructor’s course requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
11. Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
12. Attends and participates in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs
13. Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
14. Accepts other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Baccalaureate degree in electrical engineering or other closely related field with three years of experience in power system or Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field with over 10 years of experience in Electric Utility Substation and Protective Relay industry required. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred. Three years teaching experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to teach courses associated with all aspects of three phase power systems. Courses to include large high voltage power transformers, high voltage power circuit breakers, protective relaying associated with the high voltage electrical grid, and other associated equipment installed in electric utility power substations. Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and willing to accept day and/or evening teaching assignments and teaching assignments at other locations as needed by the Institution.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: Immediately. Open until filled. To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be received prior to consideration. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: $55,752-$83,676 with a Bachelor’s degree; commensurate with experience. Full-time, 12-month faculty position.
Location: Main Campus
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804 or (910) 276-3331
Fax: (910) 582-7028
Equal Opportunity Institution