Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
General Description: The Electric Lineman Program Coordinator, under the authority of the Vice President of Workforce and Economic Development and the supervision of the Workforce and Economic Development (WED) Programming Director, is responsible for developing, implementing, instructing, coordinating, and evaluating the Electric Lineman program that will result in students achieving academic success.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Deliver effective instruction that uses a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing Electric Lineman Technician skills.
- Assist with program development, improvement, evaluation and recruitment.
- Assist with selection of textbooks, instructional materials, equipment and supplies. Maintain inventory and submit requisitions for the ordering of supplies.
- Assist in recruiting activities and cultivate relationships with appropriate local utility industry representatives to ensure program success.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, daily attendance, and other paperwork and reports as requested and in a timely manner.
- Attend state and regional training for implementation at local level.
- Assumes a leadership role in the development of non-credit programming opportunities in WED, including CEU's as appropriate.
- Maintains updated syllabi and other course documents that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution, with reference to the mission and the open door policy. The ability to problem solve and work directly with a diverse population of adult learners. Effective written and public speaking skills are required. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and be accountable for assignments. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and work effectively with people from all social-economic/education levels and ethnic groups.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Five years related work experience in the Electric Lineman field. Prior teaching experience and supervising technicians preferred. Must have a current Class A CDL or the ability to obtain one. Must have a current Instructor Certification or the ability to obtain one for the following classes: NCCER Curriculum, CPR/First Aid, and OSHA.
Location: Richmond and Scotland service area
Available: Immediately. Application review begins: July 03, 2018, open until filled. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Scale. Starting range - $41,610-$52,013, commensurate with experience. Full-time.
Location: Richmond and Scotland service area.