Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028.Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
The Director of Small Business and Entrepreneurial Services, under the supervision of the VP of Workforce and Economic Development will develop, schedule, coordinate, and manage activities related to Workforce and Economic Development. Workshops, Seminars, Classes, and marketing activities involving new businesses and potential business owners will be conducted by the Director of Small Business and Entrepreneurial Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Identify areas of training needed for new business owners and local business managers and create short-term educational and training programs that incorporate industry recognized credentialing, certificate options, clear pathways to employment, and the creation and management of new businesses.
- Establish contacts and create relationships with local business organizations and the business community.
- Initiate and manage activities to assist in the development of new businesses in the college service area.
- Assume an entrepreneurial role in the development of occupational & technical, non-credit programming opportunities in WED.
- Maintain required reports, participate in planning, recruit and train instructors, and manage an up-to-date resource center.
- Provide annual program planning and results for the covered area, including projected budget expenditures.
- Coordinates recruitment and outreach efforts with other appropriate customers, and assist in the development of marketing strategies for current and new programming.
- Work with all WED and Richmond CC employees, and community to provide programs, seminars, consulting, and courses to support existing businesses and new businesses.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of business planning, market analysis, business financing, record keeping, marketing skills, and technology application to the business environment. Commitment to the development of and assistance to the local business community. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Prefer experience in managing, developing, and leadership in the business community. Experience in and understanding of job market and business market preferred. Experience with and knowledge of business and commercial loans preferred.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in business related field required. Master's degree preferred. Five years' experience in business management required.
Available: Immediately. Pending State funds availability. Application deadline: July 15, 2017. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 10. Starting range - $40,610 - $50,762, commensurate with experience.
Location: Richmond and Scotland Counties