Administrative Assistant, Nursing Department
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. Applicant must have completed the Work Keys Skills Assessment and scored a minimum of: Applied Mathematics - 3, Locating Information - 4, Reading for Information - 4. Career Readiness Certification Work Keys test scores must be submitted with application and copies of transcripts in order to be considered. Please contact Nikki Harris at 910-410-1844 for testing information. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028.Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
The Nursing Department Administrative Assistant operates under the supervision of the Nursing Department Chair and is responsible for performing secretarial duties as required by the nursing faculty. The Administrative Assistant works with minimal supervision and handles routine clerical matters independently.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Serves as the primary contact person and receptionist for the Nursing Department.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Maintains nursing and administrative files, maintaining confidentiality of student and personnel files.
- Prepares tests and maintains test security.
- Prepares records, reports, and etc. from rough draft.
- Duplicates reports, letters and other documents and distributes as appropriate.
- Schedules appointments for Nursing Department Chair and faculty.
- Assists Nursing Department Director with data collection related to student enrollment, attrition/retention, NCLEX results, and faculty license verification.
- Assists Nursing Department Director with maintenance of student health records.
- Assists Nursing Department Director with: annual report to the NC Board of Nursing, departmental surveys, student exit interviews, student evaluations, and graduate employment status.
- Maintains minutes of monthly Nursing Faculty Meetings and Advisory Committee Meetings.
- Maintains database of all Health Sciences Division Advisory Committee members.
- Administers tests, and/or study guides, handouts, etc. in absence of an instructor.Also responsible for collection of assignments and/or tests as necessary.
- Assists faculty with student attendance records.
- Assists instructors with bulletin boards.
- Maintains adequate office supplies for Nursing Department faculty and staff.
- Assists with pre-registration and registration with previously enrolled students.
- Assists the Nursing Department Chair in administrative duties such as typing, placing telephone calls, scheduling meetings, and appointments, etc.
- Other duties.(Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
- Coordinates ADN and PN pinning ceremonies.
- Provides support to Department Chair related to nursing orientation and pre-nursing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess above average skills in typing, filing, and computer operation. Computer experience to include Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Knowledge of filing rules. Must demonstrate good communications skills and deal effectively with RCC staff and the general public.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Associate degree in Office Systems Technology or related required. Computer experience required. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Applicant must have completed the Work Keys Skills Assessment and scored a minimum of: Applied Mathematics - 3, Locating Information - 4, Reading for Information - 4. Career Readiness Certification Work Keys test scores must be submitted with application and copies of transcripts in order to be considered.
Available: August 1, 2017. Application deadline: March 31, 2017. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts and Work Keys test scores must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 6. Starting range - $29,586 - $36,982, commensurate with experience, Full-time.