Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website.
- No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only.
- Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Methods to submit an application:
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Fax: 910-582-7028.Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
General Description of the Position:
The Administrative Assistant and Receptionist, under the supervision of the Director of Public Safety, will provide clerical support for the BLET Program, assist in the daily operations of the Workforce and Economic Development (WED) area, greet visitors, manage the switchboard, determine nature of business and direct individuals to proper destinations.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Serve as Administrative Assistant for BLET program, to include such duties as assisting with preparation and filing of Pre and Post Delivery reports and other clerical activities for the BLET program.
- Disseminate information concerning Public Safety offerings to local agencies.
- Assist the WED Directors and Records Clerk in preparation of class packets, maintain document files, and maintain contact database and other clerical activities.
- Type course material, letters, tests, outlines, etc. for WED staff.
- Compile and distribute WED instructor survey results.
- Facilitate data entry and maintain required documentation.
- Pre-register students for WED classes.
- Perform Microsoft Office activities as needed by WED staff.
- Provide directions and assistance to campus visitors.
- Direct incoming telephone calls to appropriate staff and faculty.
- Insure telephone log is current.
- Other duties.(Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate degree in Office Systems Technology or related field. Computer experience required. Applicant must have completed the Work Keys Skills Assessment and scored a minimum of: Applied Math - 3, Graphic Literacy - 4, Workplace Documents - 4. Career Readiness Certification Work Keys test scores must be submitted with application and copies of transcripts in order to be considered. Please contact Nikki Harris at 910-410-1844 for testing information. Experience performing receptionist duties such as greeting customers and answering phones required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must possess above average skills in typing, filing, and computer operation. Computer experience to include Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Must demonstrate good communications skills and deal effectively with RCC staff, students, and the general public. General knowledge of RCC's programs and services. Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to multi-task.
Position Available: Immediately. Application deadline: May 14, 2018. To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts and Work Keys test scores must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 4, starting range - $26,285 - $32,856, commensurate with experience, Full-time.