The Electric Lineman course prepares individuals to work as linemen in the preparation and repair of rural electrical utility service.
Course topics include basic elements of electricity, overhead pole and electrical line constructions, safety codes and applications, electric ystem, transformer and meter installations,and explorations of underground electrical distribution.
Class Dates: Nov. 26 - Feb. 7 I Main Campus, Hamlet
Orientation for Nov. 26 Class: Wednesday, Nov. 7 I 10 a.m. I Grimsley Building, Rm. 103 - Main Campus, Hamlet
Another class date is scheduled for March 2019.
- Copy of high school diploma or highschool equivalency
- Copy of current DOT physical and drugscreen
- Copy of unrestricted driver’s license.
- Copy of official driving record
- Accuplacer reading score of 60 or higheror transcript for 2-year degree or higher
- NCCER Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- CDL Learner's Permit
$855 for tuition, books, supplies and other fees