Prep for Nursing Admissions Test and Schedule Your Test Date
Sept. 10, 2019 - One of the requirements of Richmond Community College's nursing programs is taking the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). The College is offering several TEAS Test Prep workshops in September and October to help nursing student hopefuls be adequately prepared to take the test. These workshops are free!
TEAS Test Prep Workshops
The following workshops for the TEAS test will be held in the Conder Building, Room 127, located on the College's Hamlet Campus:
- Thursday, Sept. 12 - 4 to 7 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 16 -12 to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18 - 4 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8 - 4 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 10 - 12 to 3 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 21 - 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 -12 to 3 p.m.
For more information about the workshops, call the Academic Success Center at (910) 410-1755.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) measures basic essential skills in the academic content area of reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants.
TEAS Test Dates
Main Campus - Hamlet
- Monday, Sept. 30 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 9 - 12 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 21 - 12 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 12 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Honeycutt Center - Laurinburg
- Friday, Sept. 13 - 9 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 11 - 9 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 11 - 9 a.m.
- Monday Dec. 16 - 9 a.m.
Test Fees & Scores
- Cost for the TEAS exam is $65 per each attempt. You can only test two times in one calendar year. You must wait 60 days between each test attempt.
- Scores are accepted June 1, 2019, to Jan, 31, 2020. TEAS test scores will expire after 3 years.
To request a TEAS test appointment, email email@example.com. Please include your full name, RichmondCC student ID number or date of birth, phone number and which available date you would like to schedule your test. Please Complete a nursing application before you take the TEAS test.